September 27, 2022 Old Meeting House Minutes

Town of South Hero

Meeting House – Preserve & Revitalize Project


Date:   TUESDAY, SEPT 27, 2022

Time:  3:30 PM In person at Town Office or via ZOOM

Attendees: David Carter-Chair, Michael Carroll, Pamela Surprenant, Beth Curtis, Mary Harwood,                 Sandy Gregg.  Zoom:  Sarah Kjelleren, Emily Kloft-NRPC

Absent: Linda Seavey, Robin Way, Carroll Tremble, Terry Robinson


  1. Called to order at 3:32 by David C.


  1. Grant(s) Updates –
    • Emily K.-NRPC reported: she will communicate this week with Rebecca at A&S that they are a go to have construction docs by Jan 1,2023. Emily will get a contract amendment to David Carter by the end of this week.
    • Emily got requisition submitted for the first round of VCDP grant funds.
    • Mary H. reported she had emailed Lisa Ryan at Preservation Trust of VT that we will have construction docs for Phase 1 by Jan 1,2023. Mary also asked Lisa how long to will the turn-around be from NPS.
    • Mary H. reported she has identified “com” as a potential Project Management software to track project progress including benchmark dates, person tasked etc. This will be finalized with the Town.


  1. Old Business
  • Donor Contacts: David C.reported meetings have begun and responses have been positive.
  • David C. reported an account has been set-up with Wells Fargo for the South Hero Foundation, Inc. 501(c)(3) to receive stock donations. No capital gains tax will be required to be paid by either Donor of SHF and David arranged for there to be NO fees charged by Wells Fargo since it is a non-profit.
  • Fall Donor mailing through the South Hero Foundation hit a snag and is waiting for the Post Office to approve their non-profit status. The wait could be weeks. To get the mailing out the group decided to go ahead and send through Minuteman Press. Additional cost is ~$250. Mary H. will follow-through.
  • MOU Update: David C. reported that the document is being worked on and that the language is very important. The language needs to be respectful of the Grannies operation while at the same time allowing for flexibility due to contingencies that the construction phase will present. The Grannies need to be thinking about alternate location(s) during the construction phase.
  • ARPA FUNDS: Possible funding for the Meeting House project. Amount to be determined by the Select Board.


  1. New Business: Sarah K. Requested Donor Packet Info – Sandy G. will provide.

Sarah K. also said she would like to work on visuals for the Rec park idea.

  1. Public Comment – none
  2. Next Meeting – Tuesday, Oct 18 at 3:30 PM at the Town Office.
  3. Adjourned at 4:25


Respectfully submitted by,

Sandy Gregg, Scribe