- Job opening for Assistant Town Clerk/Treasurer. Link to job description: Assistant Clerk-Treasurer Job Opening
- Job opening for Assistant Zoning Administrator: Link to job description: Zoning Assistant 7-2021 ad
- Resident White’s Beach Parking Permits 2021 – 2 passes available per house @ $5.00/each. For a convenient and contact-less transaction use our secure dropbox or US Mail. Please include payment, name, address, phone and email. We will promptly mail passes once this information is received. You may also visit the Town Office during normal business hours to purchase your permit.
- Non-Resident White’s Beach Parking Permits 2021 – Sold out
- For the Mobile Vendor Ordinance, click on the “Laws and Ordinances” tab above.
The Town of South Hero, located in Grand Isle County in Northwestern Vermont, lies on the Southern half of South Hero Island in Lake Champlain. The area which now encompasses South Hero, Grand Isle, and North Hero was given to Ethan and Ira Allen on October 27, 1779 as a reward for their services to the state.
Today, the lands of South Hero are used primarily for agriculture, dairying, and apple orchards. The island is a very attractive place for resorts and thus attracts many summer tourists.