Town of South Hero
South Hero Meeting House – Renovate & Adaptive Reuse Project
Date: Tuesday, July 12,2022 – Steering Committee in person at the Town Office & via Zoom
Call to Order: 3:00 PM by David Carter, Chair
Attendees on ZOOM: Emily Klofft-NRPC, Sarah Kjelleran, Robin Way
Attendees in person at Town Office: David Carter-Chair, Pamela Surprenant, Mary Harwood – Town Consultant, Michael Carroll, Terry Robinson, Sandy Gregg- PC,
Absent: Carol Tremble, Beth Curtis-Granny’s Attic
2. Funds & Financial Reports
• There was no report from the Town.
3. Grant & Contract Update(s):
• Mary H. reported she is working on the Case Statement for the Donor Packet. For the purpose of this Donor Packet we will work with a rough cost estimate paired with the conceptual design plans until we have firm construction documents.
• Emily K. reported that VCDP should be contacted to ask if we can amend the grant to include construction documents. Emily K. volunteered to do that.
• Emily K. also will provide a rough cost estimate of what construction docs cost based on NRPC experience.
• Emily K. stated South Hero needs to close out the VCDP Grant. Emily, please provide a list of what the Town has to do to accomplish that.
• Emily K. said that A&S needs to supply a site plan that is part of their scope of work in the planning grant. A&S should target end of Sept to have this done.
• Emily K. said the Town should take charge of asking for a construction grant. Or, the Town could contract with NRPC to do it. Sandy G. will follow-through to clarify.
• PRIORITY- NEXT STEPS: Invite Lisa Ryan to next meeting to explain next steps to the group. Lisa has spoken with Sandy & Mary, Rebecca Arnold-A&S and Lyssa Papazzian-A&S but it is still unclear to the Town of South Hero what it has to do to move forward. We need a helping hand with the Bruhn Grant as none of us have done this process before. We appreciate Lisa’a expertise and greatly appreciate her patience as we are neophytes in this process. Sandy G. will be sure Lisa is invited to our next meeting on August 16th at 3:30 PM.
4. Old Business:
• Community Cheers & Cheese Report: Sandy G. reported the event went well, ~150-200 people attended. The Planning Commission got good input from those attending the event. Linda Seavey talked with many folks about the Meeting House Project and got positive feedback on the conceptual design. Also, public comments were collected. Next CCC is scheduled for Monday, Aug 22nd. Be there or be square!
5. New Business
• Contract for construction documents. Sandy G. will coordinate with NRPC about expanding the VCDP grant.
• The Town signed the contract extension with A&S to cover through Dec 31, 2022.
• Motion by Michael C. to spend up to $375 for Alpine Web Design to redo our www.SouthHeroMeetingHouse.org website. Seconded by Mary H. Vote was unanimous. Sandy G. will meet with Bill.
• Motion by Sandy G. to approve an invoice from Harwood Consulting for work on the Meeting House Project. Seconded by Pamela Surprenant. The vote was unanimous.
6. Public Comment – none
7. Next Meeting: Tuesday August 16 at 3:30 PM via Zoom and in-person at Town Office
8. Adjourned: 3:58 PM
Respectfully submitted by,
Sandy Gregg, Scribe