February 26, 2024 OSHMH Minutes

Town of South Hero

Meeting House – Preserve & Revitalize Project – Edited Notes

Date: MONDAY, Feb 26, 2024
Time: 3:00 PM In person at Town Office or via Phone
Attendees: David Carter-Chair, Michael Carroll, Pamela Surprenant, Mary Harwood, Terry
Robinson, Sandy Gregg. Sarah Kjelleren by Phone.
Absent: Beth Curtis, Linda Seavey, Carol Tremble
Public: None
1. Called to order at 3:00 by David C.
2. Grants Update – Mary H. reported
• Northern Border Regional Commission – Catalyst Program (NBRC)
Pre-Application is due March 15,2024. If approved South Hero would be invited to do the
full application due May 3rd, 2024. This is an Implementation (build) Grant. SH is asking
for $500,000. There is a 50% match of $250,000 required and we have that at this time with
the funds and grants already raised to date. It is a reimbursement grant meaning SH
spends the money and requests reimbursement. Therefore, start-up funds are required.
These start-up funds could come from raised money if donors meet the challenge or
from the Town taking a “bridge loan”.
• REDI Grant: Rural Economic Development Initiative (REDI). Grant money for technical
support, in this case for grant-writing help for the NBRC grant described above. Will
request $7,000. Do not have to use it all. The grant is by project so if all $7,000 is not spent
the Town could apply the remaining funds to another project for technical support.
Contact: Mariah Noth. No match required. Direct contracting by Mariah’s group with
consultant grant-writer. The Grant-writer provides the deliverables & bill to Mariah and it is
paid by Mariah’s group. Therefore, no money is handled by the Town!
• Others: Efficiency VT; VT Community Foundation – Mary will contact both.
VCDP-Implementation Grant for Phase 3 – Sandy will contact Emily at NRPC.
4. Donor Packet: Discussion on what should be included concluded with the following list:
Town Report piece, Concept Plans, Funding page, Phase Description page, Rack Card,
Return Envelope, Naming Ops, the new Tri-fold (Sarah K. doing Draft using Canva).
5. Status of the Committee – all agreed to continue until no longer relevant.
6. Building Committee: Discussion of prospective members resulted in a list of 7 possible
members. Michael C. will contact them and report at next meeting.
7. Public Comment & Announcements – None
8. Other Business – None
9. Next Meeting – Monday, March 11,2024 at 3:00 PM at the Town Office & by Zoom.
10. Adjourned at 4:00 PM
Respectfully submitted by, Sandy Gregg, Scribe
Page 1