February 13, 2024 Rec. Comm. Agenda

South Hero Recreation Commission Meeting
Agenda for February 13 2024
Zoom Meeting

Topic: SHRC Monthly Zoom Meeting
Time: February 13, 2024 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 826 8443 0822

One tap mobile
+16465588656,,82684430822# US (New York)
+16469313860,,82684430822# US

1.    Call to order
2.    Adjustments to the agenda
3.    Acknowledgment of previous meeting minutes
4.    Public Q&A and Updates
5.    Discussion Items
 Board seat updates
 Treasurer nominations – Jessica elected, Phil sent spreadsheet
and sent email to David Carter with changes to board
positions, All invoices for reimbursement to go to Jessica
 Trail updates – Guy, Grant submitted, Guy will be in touch with the
families of the people that originally constructed the boardwalk. Guy and
Dillan will be on the project team to coordinate construction.
 VOREC Grant Submission – completed Dec 15 th .
 Grant Review and Selection: December 15 – February 28
 Grant Agreement Development: March 1 – May 31
 Project Implementation: June 1, 2024 – December 31, 2025*

 24/25 budget submitted – Phil sent tracking spreadsheet to Jessica.
Jessica will get knowledge dump from David Lane and Kim Julow.

 SHRC New Winter Activities – Planning and volunteers for setting up an event
and publicizing the availability of catamount passes. Phil to check how many
passes remain, order more if needed and lead discussion regarding
announcement for February 24 th South Hero Day at Catamount.
 Sue to share South Hero Rec Commission Activities
o Facebook and Instagram social media pages
o Link from Town Website
o Front Porch Forum
o All members of the board should join the FB South Hero Group to
help spread the word regarding Town activities.

 Sweeney Farm Road and off-street parking to support – follow-up with Jeff
Sikora and Peter Johnson. Sue will talk to Ross Brown regarding plowing
clearing snowbanks on the side of the road next to sledding hill. Sue will
confirm that we do not need any legal disclaimer signage. Phil will invite
Peter Johnson to the next meeting.
 Board should click on the links below to become aware of the liability
limitations of the Town or land owners if land is used for outdoor
 Updates from Town Select Board at January meeting
 Ski program updates – January 31 st first date to start. Jessica will touch base
with Eric Hammond (program coordinator). Feb 8 th . and 14 th .
 Trails sub-committee – need volunteers for an actual subcommittee. Guy will
coordinate clean-up, trail maintenance and social activities working with
 Miscellaneous / Open discussion. Phil to invite Nate to provide an update in
March or April.
6.    Agenda Items for the February meeting – See above bold underlined items.
Dylan to set up Cheddar Up and review at next meeting. Beach fire rings
7.    Summary of action items from this meeting
8.    Adjournment
Links from Guy