SOUTH HERO DEVELOPMENT REVIEW BOARD MINUTES September 8, 2021
Members Present: Tim Maxham (Chair); Doug Patterson (Vice Chair); Gareth Hunt; Liza Kilcoyne (via Zoom); Jim Brightwell (via Zoom); Mike Welch (Alternate).
Public Present: Reese Alsop; Evan Alsop; Dawn Emch.
7:00 PM – T. Maxham called the meeting to order.
Changes to the Agenda
There were none.
There was none.
Alsop Administrative Review for a Boundary Adjustment and 2-Lot subdivision at 94 Ferry Rd. (22-07-FR094)
The warning was read, introductions made, and interested persons sworn in. T. Maxham recused himself and D. Patterson chaired the hearing.
Cynthia and Reese Alsop applied for a boundary adjustment and 2-lot subdivision of a 189.44-acre parcel at 68 Ferry Rd., owned by Marion and Nancy Davis and Cynthia Alsop. Although the Zoning Administrator can approve a boundary adjustment without DRB review, the BA was included in this hearing since it is related to the subdivision. The proposal is to adjust the boundary of 94 Ferry Rd., owned by Cynthia and Reese Alsop, to gain 122 acres of the large parcel, then subdivide the remaining 67.44 acres into 2 lots. The final lot sizes and designations will be Lot 1 – 63.03; Lot 2 – 4.38 acres; and Lot 3 – 132.1 acres. The Applicants were represented by Reese and Evan Alsop at the hearing.
Lot 1 will include the existing farm (a dwelling and outbuildings), Lot 2 will include an existing mobile home (currently an agricultural accessory dwelling to the farm), and Lot 3 will include the Alsops’ existing home.
Lots 1 and 2 will share an existing well, located by the barn on Lot 1. A water line easement from the well through Lot 1 benefits Lot 2. Mr. Alsop stated that future plans include drilling a well on Lot 2. A shared access has been permitted and constructed per a VTrans access permit (Ferry Rd is VT RT 314). An access easement through Lot1 benefits Lot 2. A previous access for the farm dwelling included 2 accesses to/from Ferry Rd. The VTrans permit required that one of the accesses be eliminated and the other used for exiting the roadway only. A VTrans Notice of Permit Action, dated 3/9/17, certifies the work was completed.
- Welch asked about utility easements. The Applicant stated that power and communication to Lot 2 comes directly from a pole on Ferry Rd. and requires no easement on Lot 1.
- Welch moved to waive the requirement to show contours on the survey plat; G. Hunt second. All in favor.
- Kilcoyne moved to waive the requirement to show existing electrical service lines on the survey plat; M. Welch second. All in favor.
- Kilcoyne moved to approve the Boundary Adjustment ad 2-lot Subdivision; G. Hunt second. All in favor. D. Patterson signed the decision for the Board.
There was none.
Review of Minutes
- Hunt moved to accept the minutes from the August 25, 2021 meeting; M. Welch second. All in favor.
- The Selectboard will continue discussion from the August 23, 2021 public hearing on the proposed amendments to the Development Regulations.
- Anyone who wants a copy of the presentation from the September 1, 2021 Planning Commission meeting on wastewater funding can contact the Zoning Administrator. The discussion will continue at the PC’s September 15, 2021 meeting.
- Upcoming schedule – Sept. 22, 2021: mobile vendor CU/SP hearing; 2-Lot Administrative Review – no hearing date yet but most likely in October.
7:32 PM – G. Hunt moved to adjourn and move to deliberative; M. Welch second. All in favor.
Martha Taylor-Varney, ZA
Signed: ________________________________________ Date: _________________________
For the Development Review Board
These minutes are unofficial until approved at the next regularly scheduled meeting. All motions were unanimous unless otherwise indicated.