TOWN OF SOUTH HERO
MINUTES OF A MEETING ON March 14, 2022
Present: Peter Zamore, Robert Buermann, Robert Krebs, George Harwood, Mike Gammal, Mitchell Richardson, Greta Brunswick, and Dea Devlin (NRPC), Members of the Public: Tim Maxham and Joan Falco
- Peter opened the meeting at 4:31 pm and reported that the select board approved Mike Gammal and Mitchell Richardson as members of the wastewater committee.
- Greta reported that the proposed agreement between the Town of South Hero and NRPC had been submitted to the state and that Lynette was reviewing the same. In addition, Greta informed us that Robert Clark of Otter Creek had prepared a draft of the revolving loan application and had submitted the same to Kim Julow to provide the required financial information.
- Bob Krebs reviewed a comprehensive list of suggested landowners in the village areas who might have suitable wastewater sites.
- We discussed whether the revolving fund application needed preliminary review by the select board. We determined that we would submit the revolving fund agreement along with the agreement with NRPC once they are completed.
- We discussed and approved the project timeline which Greta prepared.
- Peter suggested that because the timeline was rather tight and that, because the project was moving along quickly, we should have a sub committee of two or three people to interact with landowners in the village areas in times between scheduled meetings
- Bob Buermann suggested that any landowner survey be sent to all the landowners in the town and not be limited to landowners in the village areas. Peter was concerned that distributing surveys to all town landowners might raise some expectations which this project could not address. It was decided to hold off on a town-wide survey at this time and discuss the scope of the project at our next meeting. We will also explore piggy-backing on to the Planning Commission survey regarding the town plan.
- We determined that we would review the wastewater survey and the website at our next meeting on March 28, 2022.Upon motion by Bob Krebs and seconded by Bob Buermann, the meeting was adjourned at 5:52 pm.