SOUTH HERO DEVELOPMENT REVIEW BOARD August 25, 2021
Members Present: Doug Patterson (Vice-Chair); Mike Welch; Nate Hayward; Bill Rowe; Liza Kilcoyne; Gareth Hunt (via Zoom); and Jim Brightwell (via Zoom).
Member Absent: Tim Maxham (Chair)
Public Present: Tonya Poutry; Mitchel Richardson; Jeff Sikora; Nancy and Stanley Wood (via Zoom).
7:01 P – D. Patterson called the meeting to order.
Changes to the Agenda
There were none.
There was none.
7:02 PM — Ribbit Ribbit LLC – Conditional Use and Site Plan review for an Accessory Use, to add professional space to a retail business at 7 Ferry Rd. (22-03-FR007)
The warning was read, introductions made, and interested persons sworn in.
Tonya Poutry, who owns the Islander, presented the application to the Board. Tonya is buying the Green Frog gift shop and plans to continue the business. She is requesting a review from the DRB to also use space within the structure for professional offices for the Islander. She explained to the Board that she will be running both the gift shop and the paper. The hours of operation will not change for the shop (9-6 weekdays and weekends) but will now be open year-round. Most Islander employees work remotely but may be in the office on an occasional basis. There will not be a time that all 5 employees will be in the office at the same time. There may as many as 3 employees on Tuesdays when the weekly paper is being finalized. She will most likely be the sole employee in the shop each day and will be available for both businesses.
The site plan showed a total of 10 parking spaces across the front (north) face of the building. 3 spaces are being added to the current 7 paved spaces by adding gravel to each end of the parking area. An HC space will be located adjacent to an existing ramp by the front door. The Applicant is going to add landscaping and upgrade the exterior of the building. Tonya told the Board that the March 2021 approval for a mobile vendor at this location will continue.
- Hayward moved to allow a waiver from showing contours on the site plan; B. Rowe second. All in favor.
- Kilcoyne moved to accept the site plan as complete; M. Welch second. All in favor.
7:18 PM – Vice-Chair D. Patterson closed the hearing.
There was none.
Review of Minutes
- Welch moved to accept the minutes of August 11, 2021; B. Rowe second. All in favor.
- The Selectboard held a public hearing for the proposed amendments to the Development Regulations. Discussion will continue at the Selectboard’s September 13 meeting.
- There will be a joint Planning Commission/Selectboard meeting on September 1, 2021 to discuss funding options for municipal wastewater. Lynnette Claudon of VT DEC will give a presentation.
- The new public WiFi password for the Town Office is: sh2021Guest. The previous password no longer will work.
7:35 PM — L. Kilcoyne moved to adjourn and move to deliberative; M. Welch second. All in favor.
Martha Tylor-Varney, ZA
Signed: _______________________________________ Date: ________________________
For the Development Review Board
These minutes are unofficial until the next regularly scheduled meeting. All motions were unanimous unless otherwise indicated.