Agenda, Trails Subcommittee meeting, february 10, 6:30PM, Town Offices and Zoom “hybrid” = tentative locations however a zoom invite has been forwarded to you and should work
1) Selection of “minutes taker”
2) Review last Minutes – see attached
3) Update on proposed “Robinson Farm Trail”
a) “Name that trail” contest ?
b) Upcoming trail walks
c) next steps — see last minutes
4) Brief review of “Community Trails Project” or “trails case statement” document and “Hosting Public Trails on your Property” and “developing new trails in South Hero which are attached below
All those on this mailing list should have received a copy of “hosting trails…” from Guy (10/5/21)
4) South Hero Walkability/Bikability
a) Strong interest in safe routes to school as well as nonmotorized travel about town in the interest of safety and healthy physical activity
a) Concept of “shared use paths”
b) Transportation Trails: Subcommittee thoughts / ideas regarding walkable / bikeable triple-purpose ( bike, walk, handicap mobile ) access to and around planned new Community Park (–behind “Blue Paddle”; not Lavin property–) might include separate trail along north edge of Rt 2 for access.