SOUTH HERO DEVELOPMENT REVIEW BOARD July 22, 2020
Members Present: Tim Maxham (Chair), Doug Patterson (Vice Chair), Jim Brightwell, Nate Hayward, Gareth Hunt, Liza Kilcoyne, William Rowe, Sue Arguin (alternate), Mike Welch (alternate)
Others Present: Martha Taylor-Varney (Zoning Administrator)
Members Absent: Tim Maxham
Public Present: Jeff Sikora, John Wagner
Call to Order: Meeting was called to order by D. Patterson at 7:04 p.m. The meeting was conducted by Zoom web meeting software.
Changes to Agenda: None
Public Input: None
Hearing: Final Plan Review for Wagner 2-lot subdivision at 487 West Shore Rd. Application # 20-31-WS487
- Patterson opened the hearing at 7:06 p.m.
Notice & Oath
- Taylor-Varney read the hearing warning. D. Patterson administered the oath to the attending members of the public.
Appearing on behalf of the applicant
Jeff Sikora, agent for John Wagner
- Sikora said that the applicant was before the Board to present items that needed to be addressed that were identified in the previous hearing. The items as follows were added to the site plan:
- Applicant was asked to show the septic easements. There is a septic easement on Lot #1 in favor of Lot #2 to access the septic system located on Lot #1.
- Applicant was asked to show the utility easements.
- Applicant was asked to show a true north arrow.
- Applicant was asked to add contours down at the lake edge.
- Applicant was asked to show the septic fields.
- Applicant was asked to show the setbacks and add the zoning district to the plan.
- Applicant was asked to show the abutters across the road.
- Sikora said that the applicant has applied for a state wastewater permit.
- Patterson said that the setback table was missing the lake setback from 95.5’ for Lot #2. J. Sikora said that they do show the Shoreland setback. J. Sikora observed that any new construction would have to be behind the 100’ Shoreland setback so the setback from the lake was a moot point. J. Sikora said that the Shoreland setback was 100’ measured from 95.5’ so that the Shoreland setback exceeds the Town’s setback of 75’ from 95.5’. All agreed that the omission of the town setback from the lake was a moot point and not needed.
- Rowe said that the ROW for the driveway was 20’ and asked if that was consistent with the old regulations. J. Sikora said yes. M. Taylor-Varney said that the new regulations require 50’ width only if the road is going to serve 3 or more lots. Since Lot #1 is lakefront and Lot #2 at 1.15 acres is not subdividable, the proposed 20’ width is compliant with current regulations. D. Patterson observed that under the old regulations, under which the applicant was reviewed, only 20’ was required, so the application is good under both old and new regulations.
Hearing no further questions from the Board or remarks from the public, D. Patterson closed the hearing at 7:17 p.m.
Review of Minutes
- Patterson moved to accept the minutes of July 8, 2020 as corrected. The motion was made by L. Kilcoyne, seconded by W. Rowe and approved by acclamation.
The Administrator’s Report was delivered by Martha Taylor-Varney (Zoning Administrator).
- August 12 two hearings: setback waiver in the Shoreland District and a 2 lot minor subdivision for final plan.
- August 26th Lavin property Lot #4 conditional use.
- Taylor-Varney reported that the Selectboard approved the Planning Commission recommendation to change Table 2.1 Allowed Uses for Accessory Use from permitted (P) to conditional use with site plan review (C/S) in all zoning districts. The Planning Commission has also recommended that Industrial use be changed in Table 2.1 from Prohibited (X) to conditional use with site plan review (C/S) in the Keeler Bay and South Hero Village districts, a change that is expected to be approved at the next meeting. These changes are part of the minor corrections to the new regulations.
Motion to adjourn
- Hunt moved to adjourn the business meeting to deliberative session. The motion was seconded by L. Kilcoyne and carried by acclamation. The meeting was adjourned to deliberative at 7:28 p.m.
James G. Brightwell
Clerk for S. Hero Development Review Board
Signed: ____________________________________________ Date: __________________
For the Development Review Board
These minutes are unofficial until approved at the next regularly-scheduled meeting. All motions were unanimous unless otherwise indicated.