SOUTH HERO PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES February 19, 2020
Members Present: D. Patterson (Chair); S. Gregg (Vice-Chair); D. Roy; M. Gammal; B. Kerr
Public Present: Tim Maxham; Martha Taylor-Varney, ZA
6:03 PM – D. Patterson called the meeting to order.
Changes to the Agenda
There were none.
There was none.
Discuss Town Meeting Presentation of Proposed Amendments to the Development Regulations
- Patterson will present at the February 29th information meeting at Folsom School. The presentation will be an outline of the changes from the current Regulations. There will be an opportunity for questions, but people will be encouraged to attend the March 9th Selectboard public hearing where there will be more time to answer questions and discuss. S. Gregg asked if copies of the outline could be made available for the public at the meeting. Martha will prepare an outline and send it to the Commission members prior to the meeting.
Preparation for March 9th Selectboard Public Hearing
This hearing will only cover the changes made as a result of comments from the January 6th Selectboard hearing. The hearing has been warned and will be included as an agenda item for the Board’s March 9th meeting.
- Gregg moved to accept the minutes from the Feb. 5, 2020 PC meeting; D. Roy 2nd. All in favor.
- Roy suggested that Cindy Blondin of Vermont Community Development attend a Selectboard meeting to discuss with the Board grant options for the Senior Housing. Since it was too late to be included in the agenda for the SB’s Feb. 24th meeting, she will attend that night and speak during the public comment period.
- Kerr commented on a report she had heard on the radio about the status of the Legislature’s updates to Act 250. D. Roy sent the Commission members a status report he has received. The bill has cleared the House Committee on Natural Resources, Fish, and Wildlife and has moved on to other committees.
- The Commission members discussed what might be priorities should the Development Regulations be approved in the near future. Ideas included a food truck ordinance and the possible need for a Town Administrator.
- The members discussed whether to remain with the 6PM meeting time or to go back to 7PM after the March time change. There was consensus that they preferred the 6PM start time. The Rules of Procedure will need to be amended to show the new time.
- There will be no meeting on March 4th, 2020. Two Commission members will not be in town for the scheduled March 18 meeting. The remaining 3 members agreed to on that night.
7:55PM – S. Gregg moved to adjourn; B. Kerr second. All in favor.
Martha Taylor-Varney, ZA
Signed: ________________________________________ Date: ____________________
For the Planning Commission
These minutes are unofficial until approved at the regularly scheduled meeting. All motions were unanimous unless otherwise indicated.