SOUTH HERO PLANNING COMMISSION February 17, 2021
Members Present: Doug Patterson (Chair); Sandy Gregg (Vice-Chair); David Roy; Michele Gammal; Jonathan Shaw.
Public Present: Bridget Kerr; Martha Taylor-Varney, ZA
6PM – D. Patterson called the meeting to order.
- Gregg requested that the Commission members observe a moment of silence in recognition of Sharon Roy and all her years of service to the Town.
Changes to the Agenda
There were none.
There was none.
Review Preparations for 2023 Town Plan
Members suggested asking a representative from NRPC to meet with the Commission on March 17, 2021 for discussion regarding format and possible MPG. Martha will contact NRPC to confirm.
Review of Minutes
- Gregg moved to accept the minutes from February 3, 2021; M. Gammal second. All in favor.
- Gammal will be meeting in March with Sherry Potvin of Champlain Islands Economic Development and Randy Smith of Buy Vermont Local to discuss ideas for an island-wide Small Business Saturday. The Commission members agreed that the best date will be the Saturday before Thanksgiving [November 20, 2021].
- Gregg will put a reminder in Front Porch Forum about the requirements of the new Mobile Vendors Ordinance for conditional use and site plan review before the DRB. J. Shaw will talk with Mike Donaghue to see if he would do a follow-up to his earlier article in the Islander.
- Martha received information from the Vermont Transportation Board about suggestions that towns include language regulating private helipads and airfields either in their zoning bylaws or via an ordinance. Patterson asked that it be put on the agenda for March 17 to discuss while NRPC is in attendance. Martha will forward the email to the PC members before that meeting.
6:15PM – D. Roy moved to adjourn; J. Shaw second. All in favor.
Martha Taylor-Varney, ZA
Signed: ____________________________________________ Date: ____________________
For the Planning Commission
These minutes are unofficial until approved at the next regularly scheduled meeting. All motions were unanimous unless otherwise indicated.