TOWN OF SOUTH HERO
September 4, 2013 Meeting Minutes
Planning Commission Members Present: Todd Cox, Jonathan Shaw, Sandra Oâ€™Flaherty and Doug Patterson
Planning Commission Members Absent: George (Terry) Delano,
Staff Present: Mitchel Cypes
Others Present: Art Huse, Janine Bellinghiri, Kathy Robinson, Sandy Gregg, Jocelyn Smith, Bethany Robinson, Bob Buermann, Skip Brown, Gwenn Hobbs.
7:01PM: Call to order for the Planning Commission by Todd.
7:02PM: A motion was made by Jonathan, seconded by Sandra and approved unanimously to approve the Minutes for August 7, 2013.
7:02PM: SHIZAC Report â€“ Rough first draft of survey questions. SHIZAC committee members stated the following:
- The community forum went well.
- They digested the data from the forum and compiled a draft of the survey questions.
- They met before the Planning Commission meeting and edited the draft.
- Their goal is to make the survey questions simple and none biased.
Todd commended them for their work. SHIZAC listed the edits made before the meeting. SHIZAC members then discussed the proposed questionnaire with the Commission, after which further edits were made to the draft questionnaire. Staff was asked by SHIZAC to find typical examples of commercial building square-footages and footprints both in South Hero and nearby.
Bob Buermann discussed and encouraged participation at the upcoming State shoreline zoning meeting to be held in North Hero Community Hall on September 26th at 6:00PM.
8:33PM: Municipal Planning Grant: Staff discussed that he is putting an application for a Municipal Planning Grant, offered by the State. Staff asked for some input regarding what assistance would be helpful and received feedback from both the Commission and SHIZAC members.
8:42PM: Administrative Officerâ€™s Report:
- Staff discussed an application for a proposed fence with less than 75-feet of lake setback. Considering Sections 204, 614 and 902B1, this application is approvable, however fence applications where the fence is proposed at an elevation lower than 102 is not approvable. The Commission generally concurred.
- Staff discussed a proposed subdivision application where the applicants are requesting not to show proposed water and septic as required by Section 701B. The applicants may wish to use the proposed lot for agriculture, which is allowable per Section 701E. The Commission said that the applicants can meet with the Commission for Sketch plan.
8:57PM: A motion was made by Sandra, seconded by Jonathan and approved unanimously to adjourn the meeting.
Respectfully submitted by Mitchel Cypes, Administrative Officer.